Ampler Bikes raised €2.47M to tackle the urban commuting problem
Berlin/Tallinn - September 2019 - E-bike company Ampler Bikes raised 2.47M € from more than 1200 investors in equity crowdfunding. The fast-growing company will use the capital to continue building the future of personal transport by tackling the urban commuting problem.
- 2.47M € was raised by 1241 investors from 29 different countries
- The round was oversubscribed with the campaign reaching more than 2.5M € in investment indications in five days.
Ampler Bikes is a young hardware startup with the aim of building better personal transportation solutions for urban environments. Electric bikes are the first wave of urban mobility devices with which the company aims to fulfil its ambition.
Instead of distributing the bikes through traditional resellers, Ampler sells its bikes directly to customers. The company has been growing 2-3x year-over-year since launching publicly in 2016 and plans to continue that path. In the first 7 months of 2019, the company’s sales reached 3.8M €, a 120% increase from 2018. During the last 24 months the e-bike brand has:
- grown the Ampler team from 8 to 36 members
- taken the number of Amplers on the road from about 300 to more than 3500
- generated more than 6.5 M € in sales
- become profitable
- opened the first Ampler flagship store in Berlin
- and is close to moving into our new bicycle assembly factory.
Ampler aims to maintain its 100% year-over-year growth rate, aiming to lift the production capacity to 25.000 units per year within three years.
- Ampler’s biggest market is Germany. The company opened a showroom and an office in Berlin in 2018.
- In 2019, Ampler launched its free test ride programme in 22 locations in 6 countries.
- The e-bike market is expanding explosively with the growth being even faster than it was 2 years ago. More than 2 million electric bikes were sold in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France combined in 2018. Our focus market Germany saw a YoY growth of 36% last year, exceeding 1 M e-bikes sold.
We are very happy with the progress of this funding round. As it was the biggest crowdfunding campaign in Estonia to-date, we were not sure what to expect, but luckily we were blown away by the massive support from both new and existing investors as we got over-subscribed in just 5 public days. We feel confident to continue our growth journey with all that support we received.Ardo Kaurit, CEO & co-founder
Please feel free to reach out to us for more details about the crowdfunding campaign. Also, we're happy to fulfil interview request with Ampler to go more in depth on the story or any other requests regarding this exciting fundraising round.
About Ampler Bikes
Ampler Bikes makes light electric bicycles for urban commuters. The company launched in 2016 with a mission to create better commuting experiences and remove barriers from cycling. Currently, Ampler has 36 people working between the two offices located in Berlin and Tallinn. The Ampler Bikes showroom is located in the lively Berlin neighbourhood in Prenzlauer Berg, at Kollwitzstraße 47.