UPDATED - Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 — INDIANAPOLIS, IN. – Just when you thought you rounded up your holiday wish-list SILCA comes out with two cool new products. A new, limited edition version of their famous Seat Roll and reusable Titanium straws in all sorts of pretty colour options. Time to update that wish-list and in the meantime read all about both products below.
SILCA has just introduced its all new AVVENTURA AMERICANA Seat Roll. It's a limited edition, American-made, gear-toting, under the saddle, seat roll. The unique, olive-green water-repellent exterior is made of durable, lightweight material to withstand the cross-country ride. Securing this rugged beauty to the seat rails is the BOA® Closure System to guarantee a rattle-free journey, plus features a heavy-duty center panel closure for added security. Four interior pockets are offset by a splash of gold oxford cloth; giving the perfect backdrop for visual contrast.
Riders often give SILCA feedback and this seat roll was methodically designed to provide a solution to those comments. They redesigned the Grande Americano with a light-weight material, a wider Velcro strap closure, made in America, and uses the BOA® Closure System. Oh, and a new color! This limited edition AVVENTURA AMERICANA Seat Roll is the perfect gear for all your off-road, harsh weather, all-season riding.
The AVVENTURA AMERICANA Seat Roll is exclusively available through silca.cc
• Constructed of 400D woven packcloth with water repellent finish and lightweight 200D oxford cloth
• Boa® Closure System with Guide
• Rail guard protects and grips saddle rails
• Four internal pockets - *Two are purposed for CO2 and tire levers. Center pocket holds a single tube up to 700x50mm (29x2")
*Contents sold separately
• Heavy-duty coverlet, center panel protects contents and provides added security
• Color Option: Olive Drab and Gold
Next up are these beautiful reusable, sustainable titanium straws laser engraved with the SILCA logo and hand anodised in one of 4 different colours. Take them wherever you go! The set of straws feature one straight and one bent straw option to cater to different size cups.
At SILCA they are always thinking about the sustainability of their products and the legacy it leaves. That's why they still build pumps washers from repurposed leather out of the Italian fashion industry. These straws were developed from the scraps of SILCA's own SICURO Titanium Cage production.
Early in the Ti Bottle Cage development process, SILCA realized that they could yield 6 cages per stick of tubing from the mill but were left with roughly 1" of scrap tubing per cage. By modifying the bending and using the thinnest possible cutting blades, they now have exactly 8.5" of leftover Titanium tubing for every 6 bottle cages produced. This means that the ONLY waste from the Ti Cage production process is in the saw kerf (material turned into shavings when cutting) giving them a 99.9% material utilization rate!
The TITANIUM STRAW SET's are shipping by December 12th, 2019.
• 6.35mm Diameter 3/2.5 Titanium tubing
• One straight 8.5" + One bent 8.5" Titanium Straw
• Dishwasher Safe
• Avoid using abrasive cleaning pads
• Straws are ultrasonically cleaned in our factory, but it's a factory.. please wash them before using it!
• Rainbow anodize is done completely by hand in a process that involves an operator raising and lowering the straw while manually altering the voltage. As a result, no two will be quite the same and will all be slightly different from the photos
Product page: https://silca.cc/products/silca-titanium-straw-set
SILCA was founded in 1917 by Felice Sacchi outside of Milan, Italy. SILCA was the first company to put gauges on pumps, the first to produce a true ‘high-pressure’ frame pump and the first to work with revolutionary lightweight material plastic after the end of WWII, and later the first to bring CO2 to roadside inflation. Today SILCA is located in Indianapolis, IN where it continues to build iconic products that use the nest materials and craftsmanship available.