Velocio’s Zero Bib Tight, Alpha Long Sleeve, Concept Merino Long Sleeve and Signature Softshell awarded the Design & Innovation Award in the category Road Equipment
Every year the Design & Innovation Award is both a seal of approval and the benchmark achievement for the bike industry’s highest-performing products. Velocio convinced the award test team in the category Equipment Road. The award shows Velocio’s focus and determination on quality with their winter collection. Velocio’s Zero Bib Tight, Alpha Long Sleeve, Concept Merino Long Sleeve and Signature Softshell got awarded the Design & Innovation Award after extensive testing by select international journalists, professional test riders, and industry experts. Therefore Velocio is awarded the Design & Innovation Award 2023.
Inspired by alpine climbing and ski mountaineering, the Alpha Long Sleeve is designed as a mid-layer piece to extend the temperature range of the jackets. Or simply wear it over a jersey as a lightweight insulating layer. Polartec’s Alpha Direct insulation is placed in strategic areas to maximize warmth without weight. The Alpha creates airspace on all leading panels (sleeves, chest, collar) to trap warm air. This construction allows for exceptional breathability and a quick dry layer through a wide range of temps and dynamic and highly aerobic riding.
The sides, back, and lower sleeve are made from the Merino 210 - a merino fleece-backed fabric that’s exceptionally soft, thermoregulating, and abrasion resistant thanks to the polyester face. A half zip keeps bulk and weight to a minimum and a slim silhouette allows enough room for a base layer, while still fitting trim under the Ultralight Rain or Signature Softshell jackets. Three back pockets promise real storage capacity for long base miles.
Recommended as an easily packable, quickly deployed cold-weather layer over the base layers and under the jackets. Wearing the Alpha Long Sleeve adds warmth to an above-freezing riding kit.
- Polartec Alpha Direct insulation leading panels for warmth without weight
- Merino 210 back/sides - slim fit and thermoregulating
- YKK Vislon Half zip
- Three back pockets with silicone waist gripper
- Extended collar
- Slim fit to be worn in conjunction with Rain or Softshell jackets to extend their range well below freezing
The CONCEPT Merino Long Sleeve is uncompromising, with details for performance and design for demanding rides. Pairing our most articulated and refined pattern with ultra-fine merino wool, the CONCEPT Merino Long Sleeve is an extremely versatile jersey. Wear it as a standalone for cooler fall or winter days, or as the ultimate mid-layer beneath our jackets when the weather turns sour. Lightweight, yet thermo-regulating, the CONCEPT Merino is an easy pick to improve the riding experience.
- Italian milled ultrafine merino wool with nylon & elastane for fit and durability
- Excellent thermoregulation and breathability
- UPF30 sun protection
- Anti-sag pocket design keeps cargo in placeReflective logos and trim details for visibility
- Ultra soft hand feel, stretchy for excellent mobility
- Lightweight YKK Cam
- Lock zipper with full-length internal zipper garage
- Zippered pocket to store valuables
The Softshell jacket draws on over six years of development and testing to create a winter jacket versatile enough to meet the needs of the most demanding cyclist, covering a broad range of temps and conditions. Velocio started with an entirely new pattern, working to balance a trim, flap-free fit, with full mobility and comfort, and room to layer underneath.
Velocio partnered with eVent, a leader in high-performance membranes, to develop our proprietary three-layer softshell, incorporating their Direct Vent stretch membrane with Primaloft performance yarn backer and durable stretch woven and DWR treated face. The result is a truly breathable softshell that has the ability to manage moisture and keep the internal climate warm, but dry -- a critical equation for long winter miles. Designed for temperatures from freezing to 50F/10C and capable of warding off all but the most torrential downpours, thanks to its 10K waterproof membrane, it's a one-jacket solution to winter riding.
- 10k waterproof membrane that doesn’t sacrifice breathability
- Proprietary eVent/Primaloft softshell membrane: exceptional breathability & moisture management
- Lightweight 210gsm fabric balances protection from the cold with layering versatility
- 3D patterned and preshaped for superior fit and comfort on the bike
- Redesigned fit for better mobility and layering options
- Fully featured: three large back pockets plus 1 zippered pocket
- YKK Vislon zippers throughout
- Low profile sleeve cuff easily fits over or under gloves for air-tight yet unrestricted fit
Our warmest bib. The ZERO Bib Tight is proven through the darkest, coldest hours of New England winter riding. Designed with fully windproof soft-shell coverage on the front and breathable ThermoRoubaix fabric on the back, these are a step up in warmth and protection from our Thermal Bib Tight. Full fleece-lined from foot to shoulder, the water-resistant ZERO Bib Tight maintains its breathability while making sure you can still ride on the coldest days. Choose the ZERO when temperatures drop below freezing. Choose the Thermal Bib Tight. Recommended for the coldest and wettest days. For deep winter riding in snow, rain, and below-freezing temperatures.
- Premium cold weather protection
- Windproof and water resistant leading panels with microfiber fleece backing for warmth and protection from the cold
- ThermoRoubaix Power rear panels and seat is fleece backed, DWR treated, highly breathable and wicking for warmth without bulk
- Pre-shaped and anatomically paneled for excellent mobility
- Flat Lock stitching throughout
- Seamless Microfiber bib straps
- Reflective rear paneling and logos for added visibility
- Proprietary Signature Chamois developed with Cytech [EIT]