18 October, Amsterdam – Old Man Mountain has released its aluminum Basket and versatile Pizza Rack, expanding its range of racks and providing a perfect solution for commuters and bikepacking enthusiasts! Both are available for purchase and shipping worldwide.
Durable yet lighter than alternatives, the Basket bolts directly to Old Man Mountain racks for a stable and rattle-free ride, and has additional holes and slots to fit a wide array of racks.
The Basket is powder-coated black and corrosion-proof, making it rugged and long-lasting. The woven design pattern is MOLLE compatible, so you can attach your favorite accessory pouches, and it also works with all 137 basket bags.
Whether you’re bikepacking and want to reach a camera and snacks quickly or commuting to work and the grocery store, the Basket provides ultimate convenience while cycling.
- Stamped and welded aluminum construction for corrosion protection and durability
- Molle compatible
- Compatible with basket bags designed for 137 baskets
- Bolts directly to OMM Divide, Divide Fat, Elkhorn, and Pizza Rack for a reliable and rattle-free connection
- Hardware included for bolting directly to all current OMM racks
- Weight: 499 grams
- Dimensions: Depth 13cm, Bottom: 33cm x 20cm, Top: 38cm x 26cm
- Backed by a Lifetime Warranty
- Approximately €75,50
The Pizza Rack makes wide, awkward carries a breeze to handle, and it comes with everything needed to eyelet mount a front rack. No eyelets? That’s okay because it can also be mounted to the axle with one of Old Man Mountain’s various Fit Kits, and even be mounted to suspension forks, full-suspension mountain bikes, gravel bikes, and road bikes.
The Pizza Rack works excellent with the Basket as well as a Carradice or Porteur bag. With heavier-duty versions of the Y-shaped uprights used on the Elkhorn and a 326mm x 255mm deck, the Pizza Rack can comfortably carry up to 15.8kg of gear.
- The Pizza Rack is designed for 27.5 and 700c wheels. Fits tires up to 700c x 50mm. (371mm from the mounting point to the underside of the deck)
- Front mountable
- Fits up to 157mm wide hubs
- Made from 6061 aluminum the racks that are lightweight, stiff, and strong
- Rack frame is made of 13 mm diameter tubing
- Deck measures 326mm x 255mm
- Height from the mounting point to the deck is 378mm
- Deck includes slots for easily lashing gear in place and holes for a light mount
- Comes with standard, eyelet mount ready with optional fit kits available for thru axle or QR mounting
- Load capacity of 15.8kg
- Backed by a Lifetime Warranty
- Approximately €158,50
Old Man Mountain was born from the need to mount racks on bikes without traditional mounting points. This started with QR skewer-mounted racks, and has evolved into a full line of optional Fit Kits for Thru Axle, or QR Skewer mounting racks on any bike. The products are tested and trusted in the most extreme environments on earth. Old Man Mountain racks have helped riders traverse Iceland in bitter cold winters, carried the gear of countless GDMBR riders, and circumnavigated the globe. The only remaining question is where will it go with you?