Amsterdam NL, 24 January 2024 -- Dakar, the ultimate test of endurance that motorsport has to offer, has officially ended for 2024! While everyone had their eyes on the course, SUPER73 wanted to provide a glimpse of what Red Bull Desert Wings was doing in the bivouacs.
To reach the finish line, Red Bull Desert Wings needed the support of the best in the business, so the SUPER73 HALO team created a custom-built fleet for the team to move through the bivouacs. It’s a collaborative effort that has helped the team throughout this two-week race of 5,000km over the sands of Saudi Arabia.
For background, the hub of the Dakar Rally bivouac is key and this is where the SUPER73 bikes are proving invaluable, allowing the crew to get from A to B with speed, style, and low emissions.
The Dakar bivouac is 200,000 square meters in size. Each bivouac is the temporary home to over 3,000 people. Catering, showers, electricity, water, medical support, waste disposal, satellites, TV production – everything has to be broken down and reassembled every day. Navigating this maze on foot after another day in the dunes is suboptimal, cruising around on a SUPER73 electric bike makes much more sense.
- Low rise handlebars & ODI grips
- RX headlights and tail lights
- A custom seat with blue leather desert wings embroidered on the back
- In-frame molle panel, anodized red CNC pedals and bolts
- GRZLY tires
- Magura MT4 brake kit
- Matte blue paint
- Toby Price (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing)
- Seth Quintero (Toyota Gazoo Racing) – Youngest EVER factory team driver in Dakar history
- Cristina Gutierrez (Red Bull Off-Road Junior Team) – First EVER Spanish female to win a Dakar stage and second female overall (The second woman in 46 years to win a Dakar rally.)
SUPER73® is an American lifestyle adventure brand based in Orange County, CA that develops products to help fuse motorcycle heritage with youth culture. Founded in 2016, SUPER73 has quickly grown into one of the most recognizable electric vehicle brands in the world with a passionate customer base including A-list celebrities, professional athletes, and many more. For more information, visit super73.com or @super73eu on social media.