The titanium, Made-in-England & Hope component equipped Enigma Esker GR is ready for the long haul & the brakeless Crust Lightning Bolt is also built for adventure boasting dynamo lighting & Ritchey Breakaway couplers.
Amsterdam/London– 05/08/22– Chater-Lea is convinced that to redefine the future, we have to look back first, this is what they call retro-futurism, and for this summer, they have partner with different brands around the globe– with a special look to their beloved green and pleasant land, to come up with these two builds.
Where the endurance road bike meets the fast cross bike, that’s where you’ll find the versatility and performance offered by the Esker GR. ‘Esker’ a long ridge of gravel and other sediment typically having a winding course – Dictionary definition. This particular build certinaly had that kind of riding in mind and was assembled to showcase Chater-Lea's timeless crankset in coordination with Hope Technology hubs & headset as a Made-In-England foundation to the build.
Also made in the UK, Restrap bags upon Bend, Oregon based Old Man Mountain Elkhorn racks complete the bike which was featured in the Old Man Mountain booth at Eurobike 2022 in Frankfurt, Germany. More photos of the build in the media kit below.
- Frame: Signature Custom Esker Frame in a satin bead finish with purple logos built in East Sussex, England
- Internal cable routing
- 12mm axles
- Seat collar: Hope
- Saddle: Turas 245mm long / 145mm wide, Ti rails (240g)
- Fork: Enigma C-Six ADV Eyeleted Carbon
- Headset: Hope
- Stem: Enigma
- Spacers: Enigma titanium
- Handlebar: Deda Gravel 100 Handlebars
- Seatpost: Enigma
- Wheelset: Hope 20Five Wheels, 24h in Purple
- Tyres: Conti Terra Trail Protection
- Groupset: Shimano GRX 1x
- Shifters: Shimano GRX
- Brakes: Shimano GRX
- Chainset: Chater-Lea Grand Tour Single Crank - Black 36T
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano square tapered
- Cassette: XT 42T
- Rear Derailleur: GRX 812
- Racks: Old Man Mountain Elkhorn
- Pedals: Chater-Lea The Grand Tour pedalset
- Bottle Cages: SILCA titanium Sicuro black Cerkote bottle cage
Belonging to relatively recent Amsterdam expatriate from Tampa, Florida; Jordan Miller of Texarkana NL, this Crust Lightning Bolt build is a special steed indeed.
- Headset: Campagnolo Record 1" Threadless (Super Record & Fairweather spacers, Chris King 1" top cap)
- Seatpost: Nitto Rivendell S84 Lugged 27.2mm x 250mm
- Saddle: Cinelli SL Mod 65 Unicanitor
- Front Wheel: Schmidt Son28 Hub (Peter White Cycles Edition), H+Son TB14, Pillar 14G Titanium spokes, 28H
- Rear Wheel: Phil Wood & Co. High Flange Single Fixed Track Hub, H+Son TB14, Pillar 14G Titanium spokes. 28H
- Chain: KMC City Hunter 1/8" x 1/2"
- Rear Sprocket: Phil Wood & Co. 17T x 1/8"
- Frame Pump: SILCA Impero (custom TwoTone paint job)
- Crankset: Chater-Lea Grand Tour Single, 1/8" x 48T
- Bottom Bracket: White Industries Ti Square Taper (68mm JIS 113mm)
- Pedals: Chater-Lea Grand Tour, Kashimax NJS double toe-straps & MKS double toe clips
- Headlamp: SineWave Cycles Beacon
- Taillamp: SON Carrier Mount, Fairlight Cycles taillight mount
- Bottle Cage: SILCA titanium Sicuro black Cerkote
- Bidon: Spurcycle
- Bell: Spurcycle Compact 22.2mm
Jordan loaned this unique without-brakes whip to Jon Woodroof of Twotone to ride at Eurobike this year and it turned heads at the rack at the show, after parties and Gravel Club ride on the unpaved paths not far outside of the city.