Handmade Bicycle Show BESPOKED Confirms Exhibitor List for The Inaugural Dresden Edition, 13-15 October, 2023
DRESDEN | Sept 2023 – Now in its 12th year, Europe’s largest handmade bicycle exhibition is proud to announce that its inaugural mainland European show, being held at Dresden Airport from October 13-15, is poised for a successful debut with over 100 exhibitors preparing to showcase an array of handmade bikes, cycling accessories, and components from across various niches and disciplines.
Already renowned in the UK as Europe’s premier handmade exhibition, BESPOKED welcomes visitors to engage with some of the world’s most captivating handmade frame builders and product designers and enjoy firsthand their one-of-a-kind-.kind creations, from bikes and e-bikes for commuting, travel, sport, and beyond. Not just for fans of the bicycle, the show caters to both passionate craft enthusiasts and admirers of exquisite machinery and original design.
Having selected Dresden for its thriving cycling scene led by small, independent cycling manufacturers as well as for a convenient, Central-European location, in addition to the handmade products on display, the weekend will feature a full line-up of talks, industry awards, group rides and parties to showcase the important role that handmade plays in the cycling industry as well as the vibrant Dresden cycling scene.
BESPOKED continues to represent the cutting edge of the cycling industry. It’s a hotbed of innovation and ideas, experimental design and outstanding craftsmanship, dedicated to celebrating the rich handmade culture and the people who make it while striving to promote diversity and inclusivity within the cycling communityBESPOKED founder, Petor Georgallou.
As an homage to Sachsen’s industrial history, Chemnitz-based Diamant is sponsoring a booth that will celebrate the talent and ingenuity of DDR builders featuring a number of bikes built in the Textima factory for competition. Serving as a lens through which to look at manufacturing in the region, the exhibit will showcase the work of ex-Diamant employees Christian Pytell and Hans Kohliht, who were pioneering forces in framebuilding culture in East Germany.
- The prestigious BESPOKED awards, judged by independent industry professionals
- Talks from leading bicycle designers, riders, and builders sharing their unique perspectives
- The BESPOKED SRAM Inclusivity Scholarship
- A program of short independent films
- After-parties hosted by brands Beast, Sour, and Schwalbe.
- Group Ride-outs
- Pre-show factory tours on Wednesday + Thursday courtesy of Cycling Saxony
- Advance tickets are available from www.bespoked.cc/tickets/ with weekend passes priced at €15 and day passes at €12 (under 16 go for free)
- Tickets at the door will be subject to availability and are an additional €5 to the advance ticket price.
This year’s event is hosted with support from SRAM, Schwalbe, SQ Labs, Pinion, Tune, Beast components, Albion cycling, Columbus, and Cycling Saxony, with extra support from Qvist and media partners Crank! Communication and Twotone Amsterdam.